Anyone else on the hunt for more sacredly sweet ways to indulge? Here's one of our favorite ways to dress up scoops, lattes, or our favorite fruits:
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (free of gums)
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lavender flowers
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a blender combine the coconut milk and lavender flowers. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Strain the coconut milk through a sieve and discard the flowers (there will be some floating fragments in the milk and that is ok).
- Pit the dates and remove the skins. Add to the blender and blend on high until creamy (about 30 seconds).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the coconut sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add the date and milk mixture. Whisk constantly while you bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Continue whisking for about 5 minutes until you get a thick, caramel like consistency.
- Add a pinch of salt and whisk to incorporate.
- Remove from the heat and pour back into the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Use on top of gelato, blend into a latte, or use as a dip for fruit.
Recipe by: Amrit-Sadhana @bodyblisslife