Lavender Salted Caramel Sauce
Anyone else on the hunt for more sacredly sweet ways to indulge? Here's one of our favorite ways to dress up scoops, lattes, or our favorite fruits:
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (free of gums)
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lavender flowers
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a blender combine the coconut milk and lavender flowers. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Strain the coconut milk through a sieve and discard the flowers (there will be some floating fragments in the milk and that is ok).
- Pit the dates and remove the skins. Add to the blender and blend on high until creamy (about 30 seconds).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the coconut sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add the date and milk mixture. Whisk constantly while you bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Continue whisking for about 5 minutes until you get a thick, caramel like consistency.
- Add a pinch of salt and whisk to incorporate.
- Remove from the heat and pour back into the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Use on top of gelato, blend into a latte, or use as a dip for fruit.
Recipe by: Amrit-Sadhana @bodyblisslife